View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 04:48 PM
xk2600
Lurker

xk2600 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Update 6/17] PANDORA! VGA+PLAYBACK TP Fix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
(06-17-09) Diamond, Pro and all other VGA users, Our member Yearn has snooped the XDA and found a fix for the WONKY display from xk2600! Though the buttons on the bottom of the screen may be small, atleast the song display looks very appealing now... Download the file VGA-Pandora.zip under this post and replace My Device\Program Files\Pandora\Pandora.exe with the one in the zip and there you'll have it! THANKS Yearn! You guys can thank him on pg.74 post#733
Hey guys... If anyone knows anyone pretty effective at decompiling into assembler and/or C, have them hit me up. I have a pretty good idea how to fix the button sizing problem, based on how the interface reacts to the changing of the button sizes. I just need a little help with tracking down what to change in the binary to adjust the sizing of the boxes.

Everything on the screen seems to be relational based on the size of the images that are used to draw the interface except the softkey bar. I'm pretty sure there is a constant that defines the height of the softkey bar at the bottom. So the "hotspot" area is being computed based on that height and if anything is in front of it (the d pad buttons). Currently the button bar is 22px tall, so I tried to go through the binary replacing Decimal 22 (int32 0x1600) with the new images size Decimal 62 (0x3E00). But there are quite a few instances of the dword in the binary and none have worked so far. I don't know, they could be using a percentage of that number so it can center it effectively as well (half of 22 is so center the icon 11 from the bottom...)

Anyways.. any ideas or whatnot, feel free to throw them my way.

xk