View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 01:45 AM
Certs
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My review:

OK, in my short, short tests I have found a few things, not so much good however.

--Press and hold the multi-function button on bluetooth headset: Initiates VC....GOOD!

--You cannot use bluetooth devices' microphone or ear speaker. It still uses the phones' mic and speaker. I messed with the settings a little also, nothing.

--VC now anounces messages. A plus, not a BIG deal for me.

In conclusion, if you use a BT earpiece in the car, and the phone is very close to you, it will be ok. You can call anyone in your contacts without touching the phone. BUT, the phone needs to be near you so you can talk into the mic and listen to the confirmation questions. Voice recognition is good, it hasn't screwed up yet. I've tried 8-10 times. Not worth it in my opinion, as the treo bt stack doesn't support talking into the earpiece, listening through the earpiece, etc. I'm very disappointed, but it will be great on other voice-dialing-capable phones.