View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 08:46 PM
caleb02
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02
Re: Are forced Firmware updates over the air illegal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
What caused this person to die? If this person died of cardiac arrest or a heart attack chances are this person would probably not have had the ability to make a phone call.
my guess is that he had one heck of a s***

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeere92 View Post
Let's say someones using their iPhone while on the toilet..texting someone..it freezes up..then they start to have a heart attack for whatever reason..is it apples fault that they make a pos phone? Should it be illegal for them to sell that phone? Any phone made by anybody is capable of freezing up/malfunctioning maybe even bricking on its own which I have heard of some iPhones doing. This is a ridiculous argument. It may be an interesting story but there is no point in saying that Palm's auto update is going to result in people dying. Any phone malfunctioning for whatever reason could result in someone not being able to dial 911.
I would say that yes it is an interesting story and perhaps a jury would award some one something like the lady who sued mcdonalds after spilling coffee on herself.... remember this is the age of non personal responsibility, someone else is always to blame... johnny got a "F" on his test because the teacher refused for him to use enhanced test taking methods.... a.k.a. cheating. you see if johnny fails then it makes the teacher look bad and her stats go down.....