View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 11:22 AM
anonymity
PPCGeeks Regular

anonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6/8/09 FIRMWARE UPDATE: Verizon GPS Unlocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by etc View Post
Sprint is my carrier.

I installed all these, including GPS Tool and shortly thereafter, my Touch Pro completely failed - the radio, according to the Sprint techs. No data coming (which was true before this install) but shortly after, all voice was lost also, stuck in roaming mode, constantly searching for carrier, not taking any calls.

Now I have a stock Touch Pro with no custom software on it and I am afraid to install anything on it, for fear of it breaking again. In all honesty, I have no idea if these were connected or not. Probably not.

My GPS (Sprint Navigation) works just fine, nobody really explained to me what I get with GPS Tool that I don't already have right now in the stock configuration.
This thread is about Verizon -- I know, I know.

I am in #3 Touch Pro BTW...

As you said, this thread is for the Verizon TP. I'm not sure why you would have tried to follow these steps on a Sprint TP. What were you trying to achieve? It seems a tad unnecessary to go through all this if your GPS works just fine as you've said. If you only install the QuickGPS portion, you can get faster aquisition times but that's about it. If you're pleased with the current performance, don't do anything with it.

In short, if ain't broke, don't fix it.

Last edited by anonymity; 06-25-2009 at 12:55 PM.