PPCGeeks Regular

etc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6/8/09 FIRMWARE UPDATE: Verizon GPS Unlocked

Quote:

1. download lllboredlll_VZW_GPS_Fix_v2.cab your storage card or any folder
2. NOW install lllboredlll_VZW_GPS_Fix_v2.cab
3. use gsfinder,total commander or File Explorer to navigate to \windows\ppst.exe (EVERYONE MUST COMPLETE THIS STEP FOR THE FIX TO TAKE AFFECT)
4. reset your device as needed
5. Dial *228 option 1
(the above step is the steps I did, option 2 also works but I needed to prove it takes a full update without rewriting data)
16. reset your device
7. Install HTC GPS Tool if needed
8. I would suggest a soft reset... do what you want on this one
9. Open up HTC GPS Tool. Set Chip to Q 7500 and mode to Cold Start (left soft key for those who dont know) then set baud to 4800 and open port.
Sprint is my carrier.

I installed all these, including GPS Tool and shortly thereafter, my Touch Pro completely failed - the radio, according to the Sprint techs. No data coming (which was true before this install) but shortly after, all voice was lost also, stuck in roaming mode, constantly searching for carrier, not taking any calls.

Now I have a stock Touch Pro with no custom software on it and I am afraid to install anything on it, for fear of it breaking again. In all honesty, I have no idea if these were connected or not. Probably not.

My GPS (Sprint Navigation) works just fine, nobody really explained to me what I get with GPS Tool that I don't already have right now in the stock configuration.
This thread is about Verizon -- I know, I know.

I am in #3 Touch Pro BTW...