View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 10:34 PM
caleb02
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02
Re: Are forced Firmware updates over the air illegal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Any configuration of the above statement has got the be the lamest comment ever.

"If you don't like [insert product feature or company policy here] return the phone."

1. Completely useless comment. Does anyone really need to be told that they have this as an option? Everybody knows they can return the phone.

2. People want to voice their opinions about various product features and company policies and this usually doesn't mean that they want to completely get rid of the product, and if it does, see point 1.

Every time I see somebody post a comment like this, I have to roll my eyes.
but sometimes you cant return the phone after either so many minutes used as in the case with Revol Wireless 7 minutes by the way and with sprint 30 days but with limits....

i dont have the pre but i would not get rid of it just because of the forced updates. i like updates of all kinds, as should any ppcgeeks users. lets face it if you are using custom roms then always updating to the lastest version then you wont mind the forced palm pre updates. the only differences is that we chose to update and not the phone......