View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 01:14 PM
scrosler
VIP Member

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: opera 8.65 on wm6.1 vs new opera

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
I agree that many times I find Opera 8.65 to be better...
Althought Opera 9.X is slicker and prettier, 8.65 is many times easier to deal with, particularly with all that zooming back and forth...

the Diamond hardware doesn't "far exceed" the Vogue... plus the Diamond's VGA screen means that there are 4X as many pixels to have to push around...

I think it is reasonable to want to have both Opera 8.65 and 9.X around...
Of course Opera Mini is by far the fastest... and I find I use that the most... it can easily be 10X as fast...
Correct. The processor is nearly identical in both devices. The only real change is the screen, the sensors and the extra memory. Yup and the processor has to work much harder because of the additional screen size but the device also has display cache wich the Titan / Vouge did not have.

AS far as opera... Yeah, I actually like 8.65 better myself. I tried many many versions of 9.5 and one version of 9.7. I actually 9.7 the best but its still betaish. Sites dont render well (well my website did not render properly: www.sskusers.net) on 9.7. Same sites render fine on 9.5

My fav build is 15954???? Something close to that number. Not at PC to check.

Anyway, my two cents.

Donations always accepted but never expected!