lennie
PPCGeeks Regular

lennie is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
What did you use as the donor XIP? If you used the files from say Da_G's kitchen it won't work since XIPport is looking for the text files that correspond to each module (not the imageinfo.txt inside the module). That's one reason. Another is that there or overlaps with o32_realaddr of the modules (the first section of the XIP map.txt). XIPport does not like overlaps here.
I dumped the xip myself: I extracted the OS.nb from the rom, I've read that the athena doesn't have any extra data in the os.nb so I renamed it os.nb.payload, I ran the ImgfsFromNb and got the offeset which in the shipped from is at 0x00660000. I didn't know where the xip started in the file so I used Hex Editor Neo to find the beginning of the second xip at the address "FE 03 00 EA 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00", which is at 0x00310000. then I used RomMaster to extract the xip.

I used xipport and dumped the xip, wright maps, make packages for the xip I just extracted all went fine. with the xip to be ported I used xipport to dump and make packages.......however, when I copy over the msxipkernel, msxipkernelltk and click undo xipport throughs an unhandled exception.......and crashes. this is where I'm stuck.....