View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 12:33 PM
Jesse Buck
PPCGeeks Regular

Jesse Buck is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090618 (21815.5.0.50) [UC]

Still having ringtone trouble and am in need of help. Here is some more info.
Many of the stock ringtones are not showing up in contact menus as well. Ring-VinylScratch/ is not available through contacts as well as more. (its the only v-ringtone should be easy to locate) Does anyone else have /Ring-Vinylscratch/ available in contacts settings? I still can't get my custom wav/qcp/wma/mp3/ tones to play. I've moved them from Appdata/Sounds to My Documents/My Ringtones to Windows/Rings to just plain Windows/ none actually allow the ringtone to play when that person calls, it just plays the default tone. Rings and My Ringtones folders allow it to be selected through the new contact card menu (that provides a green highlight icon) and the old contact menu. All of the folders won't actually play the ringtone for a custom contact. They play as alerts and notifications but not as ringtones. A few things that might matter I'm a noob, I'm roaming, do I need to rename them?, why aren't all the Ring- files showing up? Should I HR or reflash. If something is corrupt will restoring a Sprite backup file reinsert the corruption?

Edit: used mp3s, cut them to size < 20 secs., copy and pasted to My Device/Windows, and still unable to access them through contacts, other folders (My Ringtones and Windows/Rings) allow them to be selected but do not play when call comes in. If I set any of the ringtones that come with it and are available, it still plays the default tone.

Last edited by Jesse Buck; 06-23-2009 at 12:48 PM.