Old 06-23-2009, 10:53 AM
Jesse Buck
PPCGeeks Regular

Jesse Buck is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090618 (21815.5.0.50) [UC]

[quote=klone9d6r;991175]Jesse Buck-
Have you tryd to copy paste the ringtones into the Windows folder?? thats where i always install them and it seems to be working fine for me..

edit; Any ideas? or further clarification? I can't get them to work wherever I put them.

Do the files need to be Mp3, I have some wma and qcp files. I put them just in Windows/ and can use sounds as alerts and notifications but not as assigned ringtones to contacts. Do I put them in Windows/Windows/startup? The other folders I've put them in (Windows/Rings and My Documents/My Ringtones and AppData/Sounds) all allow the ringtones to be seen and selected-assigned through menus and contacts. However when a call comes in it plays the default tone. If I just put them in Windows/ they are not visible in contact menus, just Settings/Sounds and Notifications/Notifications. I don't know why my phone is doing this J7 played custom RT just fine. Thanks to those who reply and thanks to ppcgeeks for makin my TP rock!

edit: I tried to use some of the stock tones that came w/ J8 and they don't work either. I am currently roaming, is that significant?

Last edited by Jesse Buck; 06-23-2009 at 11:37 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.