CodeMaster2008
Lurker

CodeMaster2008 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Touch Pro and new ROM - How to?

Hi folks,

I believe this is my first post here.
I've been reading (for two days) a few threads on PPCGeeks but i noticed that some topics easily get a lot of attention and some threads happens to have 100's of pages, which makes a newby's life (like mine) harder.

I'd like to change my phone's ROM (a Sprint Touch Pro) but I'm still very confused about it.

I didn't pick a ROM yet but I'm looking for something that I would be able to install the compact framework 3.5 and that helps improve the battery life.

Here are a few things i'd like to do:

1- Backup the original ROM (so i can restore it if something goes wrong or if i have to return the phone to sprint)
2- Flash a new ROM

Some posts just have the instructions to flash a new rom, others says i have to unlock the phone first, others have links to software that will help me but do not have the instructions on how to...

Hope somebody can point me a direction to get this thingie done.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Since threads with 100s of pages are not that friendly to new guys like me and i have the available resources, I'd like make available a website where we could have comparision charts for as many ROMs as possible, detailed instructions (with screenshots) on how to perform simple tasks like I'm looking for. I believe this kind of information separated from the forums could be very helpful. People would still use the forums to discuss the guides and information not to provide them. Just a sugestion, if somebody is interested in help, just drop me a PM.

Last edited by CodeMaster2008; 06-22-2009 at 08:26 PM.