View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 12:07 PM
VW
Regular 'Geeker

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tethering - automatic charge, or...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCR512 View Post
I posted a similar, but not identical, topic months ago, but I have new questions.

I'm on Sprint using a Touch Pro. I have an iPod Touch, and would like to use the internet over Sprint's network with it. It works with the last free version of WMWifiRouter as well as the trial of the newest version, but I notice that it is using "Phone as Modem" instead of "Sprint". I heard that Sprint could tell that you were tethering if you use Phone as Modem connection, but not if you use the Sprint connection. Is that true, or can they not tell? I don't want to find a nice $60 addition to my bill.

Technically speaking, unless they checked the user agent string of the browser I don't see how they could tell, unless using the PAM connection sends them a note about it. I sometimes tweak the user agent to that of the iPhone for iPhone version websites anyway.

As I said in my previous post, there is no moral ambiguity here as it's not like I'm using this to tether my PC - just another cell phone, more or less.
You should not be able to connect phone as modem if its not enabled in your account. It should give an Error 67. At least thats been my experience