PPCGeeks Regular

MACE is keeping up the good workMACE is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090618 (21815.5.0.50) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor_g View Post
Thanks for a quality ROM!

FYI to flashers: Just noticed that Juicy8's pagepool is set at '6' by default (might wanna change that manually if you're a non-Verizon user)...
You know, it helps to *at*very*least* read the change log if you are not going to trouble yourself with reading the authors comments:

"...
[#] True 16mb Pagepool *thanks DCD*
[#] Removed Pagepool changed *doesn't work*
..."

Now, this *does* make me very curious to know, does this mean that the pagepool changer has not actually been working for *any* of the 6.5 builds?
Or is this a new issue only with this sys build?
Only had my TP a few weeks, so I just trusted what pagepool changer told me when I had it read a rom.

If that change has had no effect on 6.5 builds, I have to say *WOW* to the 3 Juicy builds I have tried previous to this one that ran incredibly on the default pagepool. I even did a torture test once with the J7 Kitchen to prove a point to someone that was bragging how awesome their Palm Pre was cause it could have 8 apps loaded without lagging out, and said there was no way a WinMo device could do that, lol.

I was like, "Are you kidding? Not to diss the Pre or anything, its a really great device, but first of all, I honestly don't really think the Clock, Calendar, Textmsg and Phone really count as separate apps, I know for a fact that those are *all* running *all the time* in TF3D2, but that aside, I run a bunch of stuff with no slowdown all the time, here watch"
And I proceeded to load up every app I could think of that would take up as much memory as possible, starting with Youtube, Opera, and the full MS pocketoffice suite.
I hit 16 *reported* apps (some stuff doesn't show in task manager as an app, as it is run as a process, and in Juicy roms, this includes Opera! lol) when the autokill feature started shutting stuff down, even though I still had like 30mb ram left, lol, need to adjust that...
So then I started switching between them, using them, doing stuff, playing with TF3D, watching Youtube, ect.. ect.. all silky smooth..
Have to say, was a testament to the stability of Juiciness, and was a *great* example of why I was using it as my base

Oh, forgot to mention, I had been tethering for something around 5-6 hours straight at this point, pretty near constant usage, and continued to do so throughout this demonstration with *no* ill effect.

So yeah, if Juicy 7 did that with only a 6mb pagepool, ...WOW...
ALL HAIL THE JUICY ROM!!

heh