technosinner
Lurker

technosinner is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090618V (21815.5.0.50) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmknJoe View Post
try Microsoft MyPhone....Much better syncing program.

ON the topic of restoring your stuff, flash to a 6.1 ROM, restore your info, download MyPhone - Sync....Install your 6.5 Rom (Juicy's already has Myphone installed)......and voila. No more syncing issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meangreen View Post
my phone is quite good but does not sync the call history and a few other things
but it very good for managing the duplicate contacts if any
Dashwire is good as well
Thanks guys, I'll consider it... the only thing I have an issue with these two options is that I have sensitive contact info that I can't have just "lying around" on some server, and I'm really iffy about getting a third party syncing platform... but it's worth splitting my sensitive/non-sensitive info if it works that well I guess.

I have otherwise had no lags, crashes or bugs, which is a first with WM 6.5 on my phone... especially with Rhodium Manila. No double text messages, and I'm thinking that might have to do with the provider more than the phone. I would suggest a roaming list update (on Telus it's *22803), always solves tweaks like that for me.

I do have the picture orientation bug though, that is that all my pics are portrait, even if I shoot landscape.

But all in all, Juicy did a great job!

EDIT: Good news, it must have been a single contact that caused the problem because I skimmed down my list and now it works fine! With Finchsync anyway, but I have no reason to think Missingsync won't work now.

HTC Diamond
Running WM 6.5 with Juicy 8

Last edited by technosinner; 06-19-2009 at 06:42 PM.