View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 10:17 PM
hunterdg
N00b

hunterdg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
guys.. I had just 'assumed' (we all know what that does) that the mogul was PAM-enabled, and thus M.IP 2 was populated with [username]@pam.sprintpcs.com.

i have not eer verified this, i just 'assumed'...

as of now, (and according to sprint, as a result of my removal of the 'pam' plan), my device is failing to IOTA.. (ticket has been opened on sprint's end)
in my troubleshooting steps i have reset all the M.IP's so for me, M.IP 1 & 2 are blank till my device can once again IOTA. I will at that time double check the M.IP 2 field and verify luv2chill's statement that it is, infact, NOT used on the MOGUL..

I can only assume he's correct though, as he has a mogul..

if a phone is PAM-capable (or rather, capable of detecting tethering), regardless of whether a PAM plan is attached, BOTH M.IP's are populated as i described in my long post..

the code i mentioned briefly, that creates these two M.IP's, is called IP_BASIC.
(i mention this so that no assumption is made that the M.IP 2 is not created/populated unless a PAM plan exists.. this is simply not true)..

If the mogul infact, does NOT get M.IP 2 populated, this explains how users are able to tether without any usage charges. the M.IP nai disable myth is BUSTED!!!

will keep you updated, although i trust that luv2chill knows what he's talking about

p.s.... if an M.IP is blank, it is useless...

Last edited by hunterdg; 10-05-2007 at 10:23 PM.