View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 01:45 PM
takmsdsm
Regular 'Geeker

takmsdsm is keeping up the good worktakmsdsm is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to takmsdsm Send a message via AIM to takmsdsm Send a message via MSN to takmsdsm Send a message via Yahoo to takmsdsm
Helmi's Apache WM6 Service Pack 1 Update

Files removed until i can work on this further. Sorry guys, looks like it needs a little more work then i originally thought.

Quote:
This is a Service Pack I threw together with some of the fixes floating around for WM6 on the Apache. This is just meant to be an easy fix until the wm6 kitchen comes.

Please read all the way through this post before continuing with the install. If you have previously installed any of those individual fixes, i recommend uninstalling them first.

Fixes Included:
Wifi WPA-PSK Fix
911/EVDO arrow DialPad Fix
SDHC Drivers
Removed "Message Sent" SMS Notification (Not really a fix, but annoying none the less)
AD2P Fix (see below)
MSVC BT Announce Fix (see below)

Prerequisites:
Apache with WM6 installed
VoiceCommand ALREADY installed if you want the announce feature (this one is important!)
~3mb of free memory for the install (the files are actually ~800kb)

AD2P Fix (Only needed to complete if you use AD2P):

In order to complete this fix, you must use a registry editor and delete the two (and ONLY THESE TWO) following entries.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\A2DP\Settings:
"BitPool"
"MaxSupportedBitPool"

Due to the unfortunate limitations of WinCE Cab Manager, i cannot delete these entries with the cab without compiling some heavy duty setup dll file to go with it, and i dont have time for that.

MSVC BT Announce Fix (Only needed to complete if you use it)

Unfortunately, i wasnt able to split up the IDTransferV1 cab file to make it one install. not sure why it didnt work. So i have the install place that cab file in the root directory of the device. Please follow the directions below to finish the fix.

Quote:
Next you need to run the IDTransferV1.cab (located in root folder of device)
After install it may ask you to soft reset... this is fine.
Almost there.
Now go into file explorer and find the IDtransfer icon in windows/startmenu/programs
copy that file and go to windows/startup and paste the program in there.
Soft reset one more time.
Now when your phone reboots it is almost ready.
You will have IDTransfer come up and u need to check Enable and click on hide. If you ever soft reset you will have to repeat this process to keep IDTransfer running in the background.
Now to go your control panel and click on phone and set your ring type to ring and ringtone silent.
next we go to the control panel again and select voice command.
under voice command select phone and options.
check Announce incoming calls
click ok to save and again ok to save
close out of the control panel
soft reset
when IDTransfter comes up select enable and click ok.
Now go into your BT pairing and remove your existing BT device and then re-add it.
After that you should be in working order and the voice dial and call announce works fine.

File Download here:

Known Bugs:
Initial Release - Need to make everything one install. Still working on that.

Last edited by takmsdsm; 10-13-2007 at 07:21 PM.