hunterdg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
Hehe letsgoflyers81, he said "no 'I thinks'"

1. No, wmodem is not ICS. ........
luv2chill, thank you for your invaluable answers.. i suppose had i considered that ICS uses PAN over BT rather than DUN, i could've figured out that ICS ≠ Modem...(that and the correlation btw xp ICS and wm ICS).. My brain is slow.. It's a friday! But seriously thank you for the straightforward answers. You've been a great help!

Quote:
Actually there's a recently-published hack to do it over wifi as well...
WHAAAAAA???!!! this is the MOST obvious solution to me, i was peeeved when i found out only BT & USB were supported! .. you wouldn't happen to have a linky would you???

Quote:
...but still--no modem-based anything. Wmodem is what you're after--it is capable of USB (serial) or BT DUN and simulates a modem on the connected PC. However, I have not checked to see if the BT DUN profile is included with the mogul. If it isn't then that probably explains why the DUN reg entry keeps getting set back to 0 automatically.

The multiNAI reg entry, BTW, is useless... always has been. Useless for wmodem and doubly useless for Internet Sharing.

If I can answer any more questions let me know.
I'm amazed how much mis-information is floating around these forums then.. i've waded through pages and pages of crap!! Your theory concerning the BT DUN profile/DUN reg entry sounds way too legitimate for it to be coincidence.

when i get a chance to play around i'll post back.. hopefully this weekend.. but the fair's in town so i can't guarantee anything.. haha

@ ebmorgan, my apologies for the 'sorely' comment.

it appears (as luv2chill stated) that the wmodem application and the ICS application are unrelated. This makes logical sense.

I'll have to play around and see how i get error 67's..

anyone know why we have both "Sprint PCS" and "Phone as Modem" connection options if they both do the same thing?

I've read all over these forums that people are tethering without PAM plans.. but now i'm not sure how much of that is BS...

my goal is to find a way to tether WITHOUT a PAM plan, and WITHOUT any third party software..(pdanet)

prior to obtaining my mogul, i was on the 39.99 unlim PAM with my Fusic & BT DUN..NO Sprint connection manager.. i hate un-necessary complication.

the second i read the "disable multi nai" hack thread, i called up and removed the pam plan..Now i'm regretting it!

if there's a way around it though, then no sense in paying un-necessarily. (I'm a firm believer in "if it can be done a better, cheaper way, then i want to figure out how to DO it)