View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 09:28 AM
Riley
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [JUNE.04.09] MightyROM4 [Windows Mobile 6.1 CE OS 21051 Build 21051.1.6.4]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsx-g88 View Post
thanks for the great rom Mike, I have a question, I flashed to the shipped rom b4 flashing to reborn. When I use my diamond, the ram being divided into "storage" and "programs" acts a little funny after some time. The "storage" depletes, along with the "programs". I'm afraid it will reach 0 and cause problems.

Anyone having issues like that, or any way to rectify it. I have 4 email accounts linked to my diamond, maybe thats important. thanks.
couple things:

Program Memory = memory you have available real time and will fluctuate depending on usage (number of programs running, etc)

Storage Memory = memory remaining on the main device memory, not the internal storage

*Things you can do to free up Program Memory = close open programs in your task manager that are running in the background like browsers, email, etc. Also install cleanram which will reclaim memory that you lose and make your device run smoother. this is a great program. search cleanram.

*Things you can do to free up Storage Memory = make sure to install most of your cabs to internal storage rather than device memory. although some programs will require installation to device memory, most do not so this will free up storage space. Secondly, go into your email settings Start>Messaging>Menu>Tools>Options>Storage>check "When available, use this storage card to store attachments" this should free up some space as well. Lastly, install cleantemp. Cleantemp will let clean out the cache of ie, opera, livesearch, googlemaps, many more programs, this is huge especially with opera because all of the cache is going to device memory and will eat up your storage eventually. Opera Mobile is the biggest culprit so make sure to clear this cache no matter what. Cleantemp is great in that you can set up all of the programs you want cleaned, and do it every few days.

hope this helps.

Last edited by Riley; 06-11-2009 at 09:30 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.