View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 08:27 PM
synaptyc
PPCGeeks Regular

synaptyc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to synaptyc
Great new build! Love the 12 icon speed dial page.
A few suggestions, and a "slowness" problem.

The 1st suggestion is being able to select the speed dial page as the first page of the Cube.
The 2nd suggestion is after you select "call mobile" on the call mobile# or SMS mobile screen, make it just dial the number. Not the extra step of "verify the number is correct".
The 3rd suggestion is making the first Main Screen (with the clock) a LOCK-type screen. Make the CUBE revert to the Main Screen when you turn off the device. I don't really care about the Slide2Unlock thing, specially when I could swipe from bottom to top of the Main Screen to unlock my device. That would rock soooooo much. Also.... I still wish there was a fix for hitting the red/end call button closing the CUBE. I am currently using a temporary workaround for that though... FreeStyl flash server with "suppress today" enabled.

Now for the SLOWNESS problem.
Upon a fresh soft reset, I launch the CUBE. That is the only thing running. No other TODAY screen stuff. All goes very well until I launch my GPS software (TomTom6). My ppc6700 goes VERY slow while TomTom loads, and gets to the map screen. I checked the available memory, and I still have 18MB for running programs. Odd.... Has anyone else run into the "Slowness" using this newest version?

All-in-all... I LOVE THIS CUBE! What a great tool to help me navigate through my programs. Much better than the clunky Windows Mobile method. The CUBE is now beating out the FreStyl project IMHO.
Keep it up ByKa!

Your #1 FanBoy
~Syn

Last edited by synaptyc; 10-04-2007 at 08:30 PM.