Thread: Pre or Iphone
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 10:13 AM
darren.wlsn1
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Pre or Iphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
Well, like... it depends, right? I went from an TP to a Pre (still have the TP as a backup).

Is it an upgrade in visual appeal? Oh yes.
Is it an upgrade in basic physical operation? Yes
Is it an upgrade is ease of UI use and multi-tasking? Very yes.
Is it an upgrade in functionality? No (at least not yet, hopefully it will be)
Is it an upgrade in overall enjoyment? For me yes, obviously this is pretty subjective.

I am a lot happier with the Pre than with the TP, and I loved my TP with all various MightyROM releases over the 7-8 months that I had it.

I will admit though, that I work in a technology industry, so right now the concept of "new shiny" and the new WebOS and such is very appealing. If Palm isn't able to keep the fixes, updates, apps, etc moving steadily I might start to miss the "tinkerability" of WinMo (but I definitely won't miss a lot of the crappiness of it, lol).
since your not the op, my reply wasnt for you, i dont care what you like as i was answering the ops question. start a thread and ill answer you.