godwhacker
PPCGeeks Regular

godwhacker is keeping up the good workgodwhacker is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia Gets REALLY Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg83 View Post
i got my pny card from a retail store and not ebay and i do charge on a back usb 2.0 port. im not sure if its the card cause i took that out and it still gets hot. Im not sure, i think its the rom being overclocked like i seen a post on here had already said. is there a program to check out the speed of the processor?

*edit*

its not like i want to charge by usb but i use it to transfer files, but im just going to start transfering by BT
i was just wondering out loud about why the phones would run hot. no slams at anyone, i have flashed all the cooks roms, and have yet to perceive any overclocking effects, like big heat, or freaky behaviour.

my thinking was that maybe ya'll were running a bunch of programs all at once, and that was stressing the processor, and making big heat.

i did, however, read today if you want to charge your phone via usb, it should be either turned off, or set to mass storage mode under connections (like you do when you flash). dunno if it's true, but may be worth testing to see.

i will check around and see if there is a program that would show processor load, like process explorer i use on my desktop.