View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 10:43 PM
frazell
Regular 'Geeker

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who Would Jump To The New Iphone?

For me, I can't jump ship to the iPhone. There are far too many negatives for me and I'm not sure I can actually find any positives. That doesn't mean the competition isn't a good thing (it is) and it doesn't mean the iPhone isn't a good choice for some people. Apple did a fantastic job of making a smartphone for the consumers and not for the technically inclined business professional.

The cons are numerous...
  1. 1 Carrier, AT&T
  2. No hardware keyboard
  3. An "Apple Tax" (iPhone plans are more expensive than non-iPhone plans)
  4. Weak Exchange support compared to Windows Mobile
  5. No background applications
  6. Mac requirement to do development
  7. Captive touch screen (yes I perfer to use my stylus)
  8. No Micro-SDHC support
  9. And more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elosogrande7076 View Post
The only thing i like that the Iphone has over the TP is the screen size and safari. I have thought about for a second since my gf has one but like i always told her everything that her Iphone can do, my phone can do better...
I tried Safari on the iPhone in the AT&T store last week side by side with my Touch Pro with Opera 9.5 and I couldn't find out why Safari is considered good. It didn't reformat the text when you zoom in like Opera does and it didn't make zooming in easy (I had to do that pinch zoom thing? A double tap makes so much more sense and is easier to do one handed).

The speed was also slower than Opera 9.5 (but that was on a store display model so that's not a fair comparison).

The new Opera 9.7 is like 2x as fast as 9.5 lol so that probably creams any iPhone's Safari.
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail