View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 09:12 PM
sc00b4s7eve
VIP Member
Threadstarter

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint UAprof (User Agent Profile)??

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
I think there's a misunderstanding as to what the UAprof is. (i'm not saying i'm an expert)
this file is carrier/server side (doesn't exist on the phone) every http request will have the address to the apropriate UAprof.

what the wimax values in there will mean is that when a site has content specifially for wimax devices, it can detect if your phone's compatable.
so what we need to figure out is how to change what's sent in the headers and have an alternative site with a uaprof that makes the website think we have the capablility, so we can enjoy the same content. (provided our bandwith is high enough (wifi))
Oh! duh! I forgot it was used by a website I'm browsing, not when connecting to the sprint network on startup. I don't know why I got that stuck in my head. Thanks for clearing that up.

Adding custom UAprofs is a really good idea though!
It may be interesting to see if extra downloadable programs show up from a service provider (whenever they eventually become availible).