View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 06:02 PM
sc00b4s7eve
VIP Member
Threadstarter

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint UAprof (User Agent Profile)??

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesty16277 View Post
That be pretty cool if it was. I'm thinking wimax might have something to do with those signal boosters they sell now. It uses VOIP somehow over you're high speed internet if you're out of range. So it's quite possible. I had a mogul and was told I could use it with those as well.
Good idea, but the AirRave is just a FEMTOcell.
They are actually the midrange/5000ft of radio transmitters (low/30ft = bluetooth, high/miles = cellular towers). They are literally mini cell towers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femtocell
"Currently, the most significant deployment is that of Sprint. This started in 3Q/2007 as a limited rollout (Denver and Indianapolis) of a home-based femtocell built by Samsung Electronics called the Sprint Airave that works with any Sprint handset.[13] As of 17 August 2008, Airave has been rolled out on a nationwide basis."

Since these values are blank... I'm starting to think that it's to ensure that WiMax does not interfere with the TouchPro's Phone & Data access.
Code:
<xpcs:ManufacturerWiMAXRadioModule></xpcs:ManufacturerWiMAXRadioModule>
<xpcs:FirmwareVersionWiMAXRadioModule></xpcs:FirmwareVersionWiMAXRadioModule>
<xpcs:ModelWiMAXRadioModule></xpcs:ModelWiMAXRadioModule>
Or... they plan on making a TouchPro with a WiMax chip instead of the rumored TouchHD.