View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 03:17 PM
badhabit
Lurker

badhabit is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to badhabit
Wink Re: |HERM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 3.0 'Phoenix' (21731) ** || Build date 60509 ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcallis View Post
I was doing a little experimentation this morning... I took a USB cable that was somewhat thin and plugged into my laptop. I noticed that it didn't automount the SD card. I then used a thicker gauged USB cable and it worked just fine. I then used my USB based lighter adapter and plugged the heavy guaged USB into the adapter and it was good to go.

I could imagine that the draw is too much for the small cables, but then again, what do I now.
Are you using no2chems fastcharge? If so the the use of usb adapter for lighter is giving you higher charge rate . The phone is a nightmare battery wise. With data connection ive seen mine draw 650 mAh..at that rate the normal charger cannot keep up as mine will only supply 570mAh leaving you 80mAh in the negative . The fastcharge allows me to supply up to 900mAh from a USB source and charge while im actually using the device. I would think its more likely that the smaller usb cable you used may be defective more likely than drawing too much current...i mean we are talking about milliaperes/hr.
This post has been thanked 3 times.