View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 08:36 AM
Zyphlin
PPCGeeks Regular

Zyphlin is keeping up the good workZyphlin is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My limited review of the Palm Pre

The first thing people need to remember is this is most assuredly a Generation 1 OS.

WebOS is in its infancy and needs some time. WinMo has the benefit of having a decade worth of building upon the OS to get it up and working. The iPhone's version of OSX has had 2+ now. The closest I can compare it to honestly would be Android and it looks FAR more polished than Android.

There are a number of annoyances with the Pre. However, the VAST majority for me are all software related or focused which means it can be fixed as time goes on.

The sharp edge on the bottom...I noticed it, but it doesn't bug me much, and its hardly razor sharp like the idiots at gizmodo were trying to say. I have big thumbs but I LOVE the keyboard and it is sooo much nicer than using the on screen one for my touch diamond. Additionally, being able to type a text message and still have the entire screen free is great.

Its by far the nicest looking UI I've used. It makes the multitasking of Windows Mobile look like a model T compared to a new mustang. The cards work great.