View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 06:28 PM
fr4nk1yn
Regular 'Geeker

fr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My limited review of the Palm Pre

I got one, feel like a sell out, I'll miss going to a number of websites I've become used to and haven't found GREAT Pre forums like this yet.

The sharp edge was one of the first things I noticed.
The keyboard backlighting would make those first Touch Pro guys feel lucky.
Not only is the left much brighter there's line through the keys.
I'm going to take mine to the Sprint store and ask about both just to see, I don't expect them to do anything.

The UI really is phenomenal. The today screen is a little bare IMO, I'm having a hard time finding a wallpaper that really shines.
Notifications, I can go on & on about the UI but I won't.
It slows down sometimes and I had to reset earlier for an odd reason because of it.

The UI is nothing without some substance though.
People know I got a new phone from the call quality.
This thing connects to my T505 instantly as soon as it's in range, and the T505 is on of course.
Pandora streamed through bluetooth to the FM transmitter is now a joy.
What impressed me the most was when SprintNav started, which is a quite different version than what was on the Touch Pro, it did NOT shut off Pandora and the two got along like old chums.
SprintNav attenuated Pandora, gave the directions then Pandora came back, the way it should be.

Youtube is better quality, video is better quality.

There's some quirks of course, copy and paste take some getting used to, There's NO way to edit text documents(!), but this is the way a phone should be.
I'm really thrilled. jeez,, sounding like one of those iPhone guys babbling. Sorry.

Oh yeah, Wi-Fi is faster than the Touch Pro(!?). 5Mbs compared to 7.5Mbs consistently.
Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F

Last edited by fr4nk1yn; 06-07-2009 at 06:31 PM.