Old 11-11-2006, 11:32 AM
jvb4
Lurker
Threadstarter

jvb4 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jvb4 Send a message via MSN to jvb4
It seems like that I fixed it, at least, as far as I can tell. I am able to receive calls and instantly send/receive text messages (and voicemail alerts). Just for future reference here's exactly what I did.

1) Dialed *228 and updated both the NAM and roaming information.
2) Used the Manual NAM code (#*#000000 + SEND) to change the MIN number. (Because I changed my phone number it was the first number that Verizon assigned me.)
3) Dialed *228 and updated the NAM. (Verizon changes it back to the proper MIN - and some other things apparently)
4) Soft Reset.

It seems to be working now. We'll see how it goes for the day. Its been working for a little over two hours error free. The Verizon tech last night told me that (from his end) took my device off the network and then placed it back on. I'm not sure exactly what I did but I get the jist that I did the same thing on my end and it seems to have worked.

I guess this is just for future reference as long as everything works fine on my end. I'm going to call up Verizon and complain until I get a few days worth of refund. I was on the phone last night for two hours with three different techs and nobody was able to resolve my problem.

(I also changed the topic to properly reflect the origin of the problem.)[/i]