Old 11-11-2006, 08:28 AM
jvb4
Lurker
Threadstarter

jvb4 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jvb4 Send a message via MSN to jvb4
After speaking with Verizon representatives on the phone all night I've come to realize the following situation. Its not only text messages that are being delayed. My voicemail indicators will only be received on my end when I place a phone call, and my text messages will only then be sent/received (this isn't always the case for being sent though).

The really disturbing thing is that I cannot receive incoming phone calls. When my phone is called it dials and then it throws you into my voice mailbox. I never get an missed call indicator when in 2 or 3 bar coverage areas. We tested this and I was not being able to be called by a Verizon tech.

One tech though he fixed the problem last night (and he actually did for the duration of our phone conversation) and then the phone went back to normal. The next tech I called (not actually a tech but more a representative) told me that it sounds like defective hardware and that I should go and replace my Treo because I'm still under the 30-day warrenty grace period.

Here's some more information: EV-DO radio is off (used the *#* code) to conserve battery life, and the only other application besides the Beta4 Palm Messaging is Magic Button and Resco File Explorer.

What do you guys think? I'm running by Verizon in a little while to get the handset replaced, but I want to make sure I'm not going to do whatever I did again (if it was even my fault).

Does this sound like an equipment problem?