View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Chemguy
Lurker

Chemguy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Samsung Ominia i910 and My '08 Altima

I can confirm the same behavior in my 07 infiniti G35 sedan with navigation. This sounds like a compatability issue between nissan and samsung. I recently upgraded to the Omnia from a i730 and had high hopes for the BT hands free functionality. I also had issues with my i730 and my G35. With the i730, antenna signal strength and battery level did not show and placing a call often resulted in a situation where I could hear the person I was calling, but they couldn't hear me (mic wasn't getting routed correctly).

With the omnia, I was excited to see the antenna signal and batter level indicators working. Unfortunately, audio for the incomming and outgoing calls does not seem to be routing correctly. I have found that if you switch to the handset and then switch back, it works correctly. I also know that other phones have been made compatible with the nissan system with registry edits. Hopefully someone can figure out how to do this with the omnia!

Last edited by Chemguy; 06-06-2009 at 08:59 PM. Reason: added the fact that my G35 has the factory nav system