View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 06:19 PM
dcd
VIP Member

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFAngryWarrior View Post
Well here is my .02$ and I know its going to draw some controversy, I've had a few different PPCs with Alltel and I have friends that have the same PPC's with Sprint. I've noticed that Sprint tries to satisfy the customer to quickly by sending out 1/2 done and partially buggy ROM and updates. As seen by them releasing WM6 before it was ready and Alltel waiting and putting WM5 on the Mogul until WM6 was ready. I have a friend thats had 2 Sprint Moguls with really bad BT issues, and other bugs. I've had 1 Alltel Mogul with no issues, I have Stereo Headest, BT Computer Activesync, Regular BT headset and BT GPS all working flawlessly. I havent as much had to soft reset (Except when I install a program and it asks to) with my 6800 yet. Again ITS JUST MY OPINION i have no scientific facts but I do have a lot of instances in which I've seen it myself as fact. I'm sure 1000 Sprint users are about to flame me though.... lol
actually im a sprint user and ive run both roms and id say youre about dead on.

i do not use BT so i cant verify there maybe someone else can chime in

the keyboard in .netcf2 apps is not broken. i dont want to say 'fixed' cause it worked in the first ver sprint rom.

alltel rom seems a tiny bit quicker than sprint, but little enough that it could be my imagination. it appears less modified than sprint.

no rdp builtin, same as sprint.

smsretry is an application listed under start menu instead of a background service like sprint rom. not sure what the end result of this is - i kill the service on sprint anyway.

mms is built in to alltels, you can change servers to sprint with a reg edit. it is arcsoft mms but its a different version than the popular cab for our sprint moguls. installing that cab on alltels rom does not produce working mms.

evdo was reported faster but no evidence to back this up and i cant test. the speeds i saw mentioned still looked like rev 0, maybe 200k faster then those guys were getting before, but that could also just be conditions at the time imho. i saw this asked in another thread and im trying to answer all questions here...

the "bars" display is a little different, spcs hacked a dll to show 7 bars while alltel uses the wm default 4 or 5 (i forget) display.

alltel's os is same build of winmo / aku 0.2.3 but build is dated 8/20/07 which is a little newer.

radio is 1.40, sprint uses 1.32. i think 1.40 performs just slightly better in low reception areas but again this could be my imagination.

memory management is the same

in the end unless youre just looking to play with roms id say its not worth your time to switch. wait for a custom rom.

hope this answers everything