View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 05:59 PM
phullofphil
PPCGeeks Regular

phullofphil is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia Gets REALLY Hot

Heat is a wast of elecricty Or a sign of. The new roms could also be overclocked. I wish i could find a program that could tell me excatcly what part of the phone is using what electricity. You figur that out and then you can figure out what to do from there. There is a lot of reasons for that. If the electricity was flowing smothily with no resistance there wouyld not be the heat or atliest as much. I noticed that it was not my battory getting hot but. under the battery. It gets a little warm when i use gps. But mostly for me is when i am charging it on the usb cable. I aalso noticed it getting hot but not as mutch when i charged with a normal wall charger and using wifi or bluetooth. I would be guessing that the processor is most resistance. concidering there is a fan over it on a normal computer. If someone knew how to manage the power so only a regulated amount is being used by the system I am sure that it could be done. Could be easy. Does any body know if the 1900 omnia has the same isue and if not why. Could it be that whatever was blocking gps is still a resistance using power but doing nothing. The i910 might even have a different chip altogether. But then again what did we expect expiermenting with our phones on an untested rom. Or are we testing it. This is what i am going to do till then. Every time i soft reset i do not get the heat untill i start using mor and more features. So untill ther is a fix i would suggest to soft reset after using gps or when it gets hot. My phone stayed above 90% for a long time untill I used gps yesterday> I turned off gps but it was still draining. Every time it drained it was hot so they probley are connected. Or hot from charging. So obvously it is an elictrical isue. On last thing. I am pretty sure what can actually be put in a cell phone probly equall to some laptops and beyond but the power has to come from somewhere. My bet is battory technology better power management is the crutch.