slapmedia
PPCGeeks Regular

slapmedia is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Jun 3 \ 21051 & 21728 v4.8 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodey01 View Post
I have the same problem...i've been cooking for a while and never experienced this before...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kski71 View Post
Mine boots, goes past customizations resets and hangs on htc screen. What gives?
Quote:
Originally Posted by effudee View Post
Mine is freezing at Customization screen too. I flashed back to shipped rom and then tried again and same results.
I'm new to working in the kitchen myself. I have experienced all of these issues and my only advice (unless someone thinks otherwise) is to flash a shipped ROM for your device as your first step (after unlocking of course). Now, flash your new Calkulin ROM and let customizations complete. Then do a hard reset by going to settings>system>Clear Storage. Again, once reset, let cusomizations run. That was the advice given to me. But, I have occassionaly still encountered the same issues once I've done that. So, my fix for a succesful Calkulin ROM flash is to repeat the steps one more time. Now, using the same kitchen, I can recook ROM's (especially as I learn what I did and did not need in my ROM) and re-flash with no problem. I have since done soft and hard resets with no problems...so far! (cross my fingers).

Props to Calkulin!