View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 02:00 PM
tsowen
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen
Re: WM 6.5 Custom Taskbar

As I stated WM 6.5 has not been released yet so the Chefs are cooking it different ways which are causing these conflicts. I am not running WM 6.5 yet so all of this work being done is mainly taking stabs in the dark, however with that being said prior to the release I had several people test the taskbar out and I fixed all the problems that were associated with there feedback and everything worked correctly. As I stated as well WM 6.5 does not use the phcanOverbmp.dll but most chefs are cooking into there ROM's for the Dialer and so I have included it in there. Until WM 6.5 is officially released there are going to be differences between each Custom ROM you upload. For the most part everything should be running correctly I will double check all the icons once again and make sure all my T's are crossed and I's are dotted. If you look at some of the other Taskbar makers custom taskbar files you will see that all of them are skinned the same. Myself and 12aon went through each dll and skinned them together and most have taken ours as a base and added there own so your probably going to find the same things. The biggest difference with WM 6.5 and 6.1 for taskbars is with 6.5 most everything is ran through the shellres.192.dll verses the phcanOverbmp.dll and other files.

Remember this is still a work in progress and nothing is final yet. As we figure out new things I will keep you guys posted and make the necessary changes. This is the biggest reason I have not converted the other taskbars. Its better to use one and make changes to it then to have 4-5 floating around and trying to keep all of them up-to-date.
This post has been thanked 1 times.