View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 01:50 PM
etski
Regular 'Geeker

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [060109] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21725 (Build 21725.5.0.2) - [ROM and Kitchen]

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Well, first off, I pretty much build the rom to suit my needs, so there's not a lot of data/setting restore that I need to do, but there are a couple of things.

1. I have a few program cabs that Sashimi installs for me.
2. I have a cab for my email settings/accounts (see this thread)
3. I have a cab for my Opera passwords/cookies
4. I have a cab that installs the shortcuts for programs that I have installed to internal, into the start menu.
5. Activesync

That's pretty much it.

All my cabs that worked on 6.1 work on 6.5 too.
Inda,

Thanks for the tips, great posts, thanx for pointing them out, obviously I need to learn sashimi (instead of just eat it) and implement the solutions in your other responses (I've never made a cab before), lots of work, but hopefully one time stuff, Thanx!! I must learn this stuff or I'll never keep up with all your updates! Keep up the good work!!!

Loving the rom, I can't believe I'm currently using the tethering at home because it's faster than my DSL!!! awesome!!!

I'm using my BigHTCHOME and loving it except for one thing, maybe you can help. The remaining problem is that after a soft reset, the shortcut I have on my HTCHOME program screen to the manual rotate screen that comes with BigHTCHOME freezes my phone if I execute it twice. If I delete the icon from my program shortcut menu and then re-add it it works fine. I'm thinking maybe you distributed a manual rotation program on your rom and when I re-add the shortcut I'm picking up yours (which works) instead of my old one which doesn't. Does that make sense? How can I check this theory? I assume if I replace the bad program with a copy of yours, my problem will be solved, but I don't know where to look. Can you make a suggestion?

Have you noticed that if you try to download google maps (or apps) on your rom, it thinks the phone is not supported, yet the old cabs I have install fine! They actually work better that they used to! Street view now works!