View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 11:00 AM
the7thson
Almost a VIP

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [JUNE.01.09] MightyROM4 [Windows Mobile 6.1 CE OS 21051 Build 21051.1.6.4]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbello81 View Post
this puts the Update PRL and Update Profile icons back in Settings/System
True, but the update icon doesn't actually do anything. I've tried this on 2 ROMS before and it didn't work for me, but perhaps it's worked for someone else on another ROM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djelmonstruo View Post
and the fixed CAB is in this page ....give thanks to that guy.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1345
Nice, thanks for posting this!

As for the RINGTONE BUG - the basic symptom for those unaware is that when your phone is receiving a call, the phone actually does not audibly play the ringer tone. This happens even when using just the stock Windows ringer sounds. When you go to settings and then sounds and notifications and try and manually play the ringer from that interface, it generates an error that says that this ringer is corrupt. This hasn't happened to everyone, but it has happened fairly regularly (albeit erratically) to a significant number of people. It's been a hard one to replicate at will and much harder to track down for Mike I'm sure. But hopefully this at least clarifies what the ringtone bug is.

Converting the actual ringer sounds to .wav files is a workable intermediate solution for now, I haven't personally done this since my phone is on vibrate 24x7 but there are several testimonials to this solution so please go ahead and give it a try.

Thanks.