View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 02:22 PM
ruskiyab
Very Important Person

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 7 - Build 090530 (21725.5.0.2) [UC]

Well, here are the initial thoughts...

-Holy crap screen rotation is fast!
-Texting is faster as well, it doesn't take as long to look up a contact when typing in a name
-File access speed is improved, the /Windows/ folder loads up faster
-Keyboard lags noticeably less (this could be due to a fresh flash though)
-You have two shortcuts to myphone, one in settings and one in the start menu
-The messaging app flips back to portrait when the keyboard is slid out (easily fixed by taking out the outlook application from the HTCSensor controls in the registry)
-Can you update the google maps? You can't do it directly and it pops up everytime. I did it myself but that looses your icon... which I like

That's about all I can see right now. Need a few days to see if anything pops up, otherwise this rom is great!

For those that do not like the 6.5 start menu, get yourself a copy of wisbar advance or quickmenu

The rhodium manila is not that buggy imo but I don't use the favorites, the sms or email tab. Instead, I just use smartdial to dial my numbers and set my left manila shortcut to messaging and the right to start a new SMS... eliminates the need for those tabs

Is this a confirmed real SYS? Seems like another weird jump from 21232 to 21725 reminds me of 211XX to 215XX

Last edited by ruskiyab; 05-30-2009 at 02:54 PM.