View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Riley
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6.5 flashing problems, potential fix and Poll

I am curious if you guys that are experience major flashing issues with 6.5 could take a poll. By problems I mean major ones like not being able to get past the bootscreen, random hard resets, crashes, etc. Thanks.

here are couple options that may help you. I know a couple people have tried them and it worked.

1. How to resolve problems with flashing 6.5 roms like random resets, not getting past first screen post flash, odd quirks that are not reported:

If you flash a lot, their will be pieces of old roms/cab installations/etc that remain in the internal storage, specifically in the program files folder of internal storage. There are two options that may fix this, no guarantee but it beats not doing anything.

Option 1:
Before I flash another rom, I go into the program files(internal storage) and delete all old folders from previous cab installations except for a couple that dont seem to interfere like livesearch. this has worked for me flashing 6.1 roms and 6.5 roms. then flash shipped, hard reset, flash the custom rom of your choice, clear storage one more time if you like.

Option 2:
Or you can backup your internal storage files to your desktop (pictures in DCIM & other folders, music, video, cabs, etc. use Pim backup for text messages, calls, etc. whatever you want saved. then I do the same thing. Flash the shipped rom, clear storage and format internal storage, flash the custom rom, clear again. I made this suggestion to someone else tonight that was not getting past the first screen flashing a 6.5 rom, and it worked so hopefully it will work for you. good luck.

option 3:
try Mitchell's suggestion from post 17. thanks Mitchell.

Try flashing your shipped rom first, then Mighty's
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38999

The go one to a 6.5 rom. That way finally worked for me, I took me a lot of tries as well.

Last edited by Riley; 05-25-2009 at 09:39 PM.