View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 11:24 AM
p-slim
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Windows Mobile 6.1 / 6.5 / 7 ::UPDATE::

Quote:
Originally Posted by acontrasto View Post
Well, it also depends on your view of what hypothesis the poll is trying to prove. If you read the OP's first post, you'll read that he wants to "see what the general public would say." PPCGeeks is clearly not an accurate sample of the "general public" in statistical measurements. I'm going to go ahead and make the assumption that the OP was referring to the general public of people who have WM phones, because otherwise, there would be no way for them to try 6.5. In that case, the general public, including those who have never tried 6.5 but still have WM phones, would be vital data to include in this survey. If they have never tried 6.5, that would not lead to the hypothesis that 6.1 is better, but it would lead to the hypothesis that 6.1 is more popular based on the number of people who use it.

It's impossible for non-ppcgeeks members to vote, so the method of distributing the survey is flawed. All things considered the survey is not very accurate in describing who of the "general public" use 6.1 vs. 6.5 vs. 7 (an os not even developed yet).
I agree with you, I believe we are saying the samething just differently. You are 100% right, there is no way to get an accurate poll for this because lets face it MOST people who have htc's don'tdo rom updates, just those that visit this website. So obviously 6.1 is still more popular. Also 6.5 hasn't been released to any manufactuer or if they have, then the manufacturer still hasn't developed one yet, so we are still playing with beta versions. For instance the new voice command feature isn't in any of the beta programs so nobody on here has even tested that feature yet. My point is of course 6.1 is more popular, you are correct with what the op said, but i don't think a thread needed to be created to find that out, its obvious. what would've made more sense would be to ask of the people using 6.5 on a capable device, how many feel the features, stability, and ease of use are worth the upgrade?