PPCGeeks Regular

acontrasto is keeping up the good workacontrasto is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to acontrasto
Re: Windows Mobile 6.1 / 6.5 / 7 ::UPDATE::

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
i agree with you to an extent but i do believe the poll is pretty accurate. I definitely see why you came to that conclusion but to be honest it would only make 6.5 higher because most non ppcgeek members haven't even tried 6.5, so almost 98% of them would fall into the category of haven't tried 6.5 which to me isn't really a category. Lets be honest, if you're not on ppcgeeks or xda then you don't have 6.5 and have never tried it. So the poll may not be accurate to the number of users using 6.1 in total, but i do believe it to be a fair poll of how well 6.5 works ( which you have to have tried it to know how it works)
Well, it also depends on your view of what hypothesis the poll is trying to prove. If you read the OP's first post, you'll read that he wants to "see what the general public would say." PPCGeeks is clearly not an accurate sample of the "general public" in statistical measurements. I'm going to go ahead and make the assumption that the OP was referring to the general public of people who have WM phones, because otherwise, there would be no way for them to try 6.5. In that case, the general public, including those who have never tried 6.5 but still have WM phones, would be vital data to include in this survey. If they have never tried 6.5, that would not lead to the hypothesis that 6.1 is better, but it would lead to the hypothesis that 6.1 is more popular based on the number of people who use it.

It's impossible for non-ppcgeeks members to vote, so the method of distributing the survey is flawed. All things considered the survey is not very accurate in describing who of the "general public" use 6.1 vs. 6.5 vs. 7 (an os not even developed yet).