View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 09:29 PM
Touch_Pete
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Touch_Pete is keeping up the good workTouch_Pete is keeping up the good workTouch_Pete is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Touch_Pete Send a message via Skype™ to Touch_Pete
Re: Window Mobile verses iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
Frankly, articles like this and iphone fanboy ones are worthless. If you're so threatened by any phone that you have to do a completely one sided, non-objective, bitter middle school kid sounding article the likes of which political spinmasters would give praise to then there's probably something wrong with how you view your PDA in the first place. The same stuff has happened for over a decade with WinCE, PPC, and WinMo and people wonder why the interface has came so far in years and has made so little actual progress in fixing many of the issues that have been most commonly complained about since the very start. If PPC users actually started promoting the good things about the device while REALISTICALLY actually acknowledging the potential deficiencies of it and what the competition actually does rather well maybe we'd actually start seeing companies and MS be forced to put out an actual modern Operating System instead of dozens of people trying to put together "touch up" attempts that ultimately fail to hit the mark perfectly because you can only dress WinMo up so far.
I am not threatened by the iPhone I just find that it gets so much hype it is nice to see the places were Windows Mobile shines in comparison, and I felt this article did a nice job of that. I agree the OS is not perfect, in fact there isn't a perfect OS. I have used pretty near all of them from CPM on up including Linux, AIX, Solaris, every thing from MSDOS 1.0 up to Windows 7 including server OS's (I am a System Admin at a large Canadian University) and Mac OS X. You generally have to find the work arounds which is what makes PPC Geeks so valuable as we have some pretty smart guys here who find the work arounds that make our experience as good as it can be within the limitations of our OS, which I believe at this point is the best option available. Android may change that eventually but its not there yet.

Last edited by Touch_Pete; 06-03-2009 at 12:11 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.