View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 01:33 PM
p-slim
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Windows Mobile 6.1 / 6.5 / 7 ::UPDATE::

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Yeah the ppc's come with a stylus because there os is not finger friendly, you should know that, actually every device comes with a stylus but because of the winmo finger friendliness, the winmo users have to use theirs all the time, which is the reason of this conversation. I've said it a million times, this os is not revolutionary in the least, so its not going to be leaps in bounds upgrades, if that was the case you would still be running 6.0 because 6.1 didn't do anything different then 6.0 really. So as stated earlier the only upgrades are the kinetic scrolling throught out the whole os ( which is a biggie), you have the enhanced finger menus, if you're running 6.01 you can get your screen to be finger friendly by running tf3d or spb pocket shell, but you won't have enhanced menu options, so when you select menu in any screen you better be ready to use your stylus. Also i believe now that winmo 6.5 crashes less then 6.1 with tf3d. Then not to mention it looks much nicer then 6.1. Maybe with your device your so worried about managing ram, but with my sprint tp its not a problem. I decided to keep the program cause its nice to have, but not a must on a sprint tp. So those few upgrades do it for me. So when everything is an upgrade (even if its minor) why would i want to be stuck using an old os, especially when every phone i buy from now or any new rom i flash will be 6.5. If you guys want to keep running 6.1 go ahead but one day you will have to upgrade.
Side note, honey comb start menu does suck for having to scroll thru all programs, but that is not a big problem for me because i have created a launcher panel for my most used programs. Windows does need to come up with a new panel customizer, that i can agree with.
To answer alot of your questions they have come out with a start menu customizer, i use his panel creation and that works well, i assume this works just as good.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=481379