View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Cruzincat
Lurker

Cruzincat is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VZW aGPS issues anyone?

I previously did the Valhalla server thing and got my 6800 to start working with my Garmin XT. Then VZW did the lockout thing, so I finally gave up and signed up for VZNavigator and downloaded it, tried it and found it woefully lacking compared to XT.

Then I dropped my phone one day and my 8GB card crapped out. Phone seemed to be OK, but I had the insurance and got it replaced anyway. My backups (SPB) were on the 8GB card, so I had to do a hard reset and start over.

I could not get XT to find sats, even though I was signed up for VZNav. Tried using VZNav for a longer period to see if I could learn to like it. Naw! Never gonna happen!

Finally I loaded Valhalla again and tried it but it wouldn't work until I went in and adjusted the registry settings mentioned earlier in this thread, I think on Post 89, or somewhere thereabouts. It started working again. The Garmin is so much better than VZNav and better than Tom Tom One standalone. The main thing that makes the Garmin XT better than the Tom Tom was better routing. And in my opinion that is why we use GPS, making the Tom Tom One a POS. BTW I am using a "stock" XV6800 with WM6.1. (No cooking).

Edit: These were the settings for Valhalla I used to get it working:

HKLM\Software\Valhalla Legends\GPSServer\Mode=2 (the original value)
HKLM\Software\Valhalla Legends\GPSServer\PDEAddress=5C8BC6D8 (HEX)
HKLM\Software\Valhalla Legends\GPSServer\PDEPort=8889

I found them on post 81 actually, but they were copied from an earlier post(not referenced by post number, so I can't give credit were credit is due).

Last edited by Cruzincat; 05-16-2009 at 09:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.