View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 09:07 PM
fixxxer2012
#1 troll!
Threadstarter

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: text messaging issues with 6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
First off, go the the xda thread.
Don't post here,
nfsfan is banned from here.

But sine I'm nice, I'm assuming you backed up your texts before flashing to 6.5, and then restored them.

Every 6.5 rom that I have ran has a problem where if you have about a hundred or more texts then it will act buggy or freeze or the messaging app will just close. Its a known issue, there's alot of posts about it over at xda.
Not sure if anyone figured out exactly why it can't handle 100+ messages,
but here's a little breakdown to help you realize why you should delete your messages.

One, it takes up memory on your phone,
two, every time you open up the messaging app(if it was fully closed)
it has to load all of your texts into the ram.
Three, if you don't close out of the messaging program fully with that amount of texts you're obviously going to have alot of ram taken up, which will make your phone slower or buggy.

It's just part of having a beta operating system on your phone.

ive since switched back to a custom 6.1 rom for now, thanks!