View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 07:21 PM
p-slim
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Windows Mobile 6.1 / 6.5 / 7 ::UPDATE::

Quote:
Originally Posted by acontrasto View Post
Wowzers! why does everyone have to argue which OS is better? It's obvious that 6.5 is going to have it's flaws since it isn't officially released yet. From a statistical standpoint this poll is not an accurate sample of the entire population who use WM phones. Not every WM user is a PPCGeeks member, and the people who are members are here for a reason... to stay on top of the game, so obviously the results of the poll are going to be skewed toward 6.5.

I haven't tried 6.5 yet because of the fact it isn't a stable supported release yet (if such a thing exists). I would like to say I'll wait for wm7, but I doubt I can wait that long. I'd like to see better hardware improvements to compliment the development of the OS. Sure, 6.5 has lots of graphical improvements, but we're talking about our same old phones here that have to be able to handle that hit on memory and processing power. So, in the mean time, I'll stick with 6.1 since I know my phone can handle that well, and when I upgrade my phone within the next couple years, viola I'll have 6.5 to mess with. I want multi-touch hardware and OS support; take note HTC & Microsoft!

i agree with you to an extent but i do believe the poll is pretty accurate. I definitely see why you came to that conclusion but to be honest it would only make 6.5 higher because most non ppcgeek members haven't even tried 6.5, so almost 98% of them would fall into the category of haven't tried 6.5 which to me isn't really a category. Lets be honest, if you're not on ppcgeeks or xda then you don't have 6.5 and have never tried it. So the poll may not be accurate to the number of users using 6.1 in total, but i do believe it to be a fair poll of how well 6.5 works ( which you have to have tried it to know how it works)