View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 08:45 PM
Juicy47
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [May 12] JUICY 7 - Build 090512H (21222.5.0.1) [UC] *Rhodium Manila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
I'm not sure about Juicy's rom but 'All People' and favorites definitely do work in other Rhodium roms. You can also dial out from contacts within rhodium on other roms. I think this is because juicy is using a version of manila that makes it so the keyboard does not pop up on boot but has the side effect of losing dialer capabilities from within rhodium. I have no idea why favorites don't work, possibly for the same reason. This is why on xda there is actually a bounty to be paid to the first person who ports the topaz phonecanvas to a VGA device. FYI on other rhodium rom's you CAN dial out from within rhodium.

It's true the VGA Rhodium port is not complete and unfortunately xboxmod has pretty much abandoned the port completely, I believe so he can concentrate on the topaz VGA port.
Ok so the reason you can dial out on other versions is because xbmod hacked it, BUT it is still useless in my opinion because it only uses the main contact number (e.g. mobile) even if u press "home" or "work". you get the same result by pressing the big icon in favorites.

until the dialer gets ported, and you want to dial someone who isnt a favourite, press "send", start spelling their name with the keypad.

I'm sorry but there just isnt any other fix, and I'm not moving back to the older manila, this one is faster and better IMO. The proper solution is to get the dialer working.