View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 03:51 AM
teknasia
Lurker

teknasia is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Diamond - LOTS of strange files into Windows (manila)

Hello dear PPC fanatics,
I am an happy owner of an HTC Touch Diamond since 4 months. I noticed that between the month of April and now a lot of files appeared into Windows folder which were not existing or not displayed before.

These files seems related with TouchFlo (manila). These files are not saved with a backup tool like Sprite Backup. These files seem to be Read only files and cannot be moved or deleted from the desktop XP. It sounds strange to me that they would be placed in Flash because they were not existing at the beginning... These are more than 1500 additional files displayed into Windows folder which were not at the begining! Now my Windows folder has more than 4000 files!

Here are some file names I found into Windows folder which are part of very big lists of files of the same kind:
0_0409.dat 00da6601-75e2-44b8-bd9d-54fa4fcbf331.dsm
01_480x640.gif
002726c9_manila
CallLogFrameInLUp_Port.png
ha_slideshow_play_dn.bmp
I-camera-resolution-1M.bmp
LQwerty0c0b.txt
MP3TrimmerProgressMarked_P.png
mxipupdate_office_100.provxml
mxipupdate_PACKAGE_Diamond_BTFtp_main.provxml
spd.5x4.English.kdb spd.5x4.German.kdb
YT_GuideBtnUp_mask.png YT_Home_Dn.png

Is this possible that there has been a system silent update during a connection on one of HTC server?
Did I tap on an EXE located into Windows folder that I shouldn't and which has uncompressed all this material by error?
Is this normal, does it harm Windows Mobile functionality as well as TouchFlo functionality (it seems it is still working fine)?
Can I live with that or should I hard reset my Diamond?
Could anyone please help me to determine if my device is working correctly or not?
Did anyone else ever noticed this?

I thank you very much in advance for your help.
Teknasia