PPCGeeks Regular

drewmerl is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [May 12] JUICY 7 - Dashwire, PIM Backup

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmoreau View Post
Anybody here ever use dashwire ?
It wirelessly syncs your contacts, call history, text messages, pictures and videos.
It seems to have all the capabilities of My Phone and more.
Dashwire runs a client on the phone that syncs the call history as each call comes in or is dialed out. You can update your contacts on the web site. You can even text using the website. To text, you type it on the web site, it syncs to your phone then sends from the phone. When text comes in your phone, it then syncs it to the web site.
Same here, I have used Dashwire and MyPhone. I also use the VirtualMobile Beta. I enjoy them all and they all have some strengths and weaknesses.

I am fairly fond of Dashwire as I have used it the longest and it just works. The interface is so-so on the device, web interface is pretty nice. MyPhone is the typical MSFT utilitarian fanfare and is just starting out. Good for the back up purpose, but isn't really comparable to Dashwire. Apples and Oranges. Virtual Mobile had a clean interface on the device and a smart interface online, but again, it was more of a MyPhone competitor than a Dashwire.

Like you said (also similar to Joopz), you can message from the site and it will show as it came from your phone. Pretty nifty.

Probably more information/commenting than anyone needed, but I'm in a typing mood. And now that I have typed all of this, is this really the thread for this?