PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Willis111 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Wifi Drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
No, he wants to hijack someone's wireless network. I don't think we talk about this kind of stuff at PPCGeeks, and it wouldn't be in the Diamond upgrades forum if at all.
... You're pretty anal about someone asking for DRIVERS. Anyways, I was asking if anyone knew of some wifi for the touch diamond that would run specific software that would allow me to capture wifi packets. Although this could be part of a wep crack it could also be a few other things. As for this info about which wireless drivers might work with which program on our machines (I think the core issue for me is more what drivers are available and which work best in terms of range and complete software compatability, especially since I remember the stock telus wifi driver was terrible and I didn't even notice until I grabbed up Juicy rom w/an upgraded lan driver, this info might even make people porting android to our phones start looking at an ndiswrapper port) I couldn't think of a better place to post a question asking which versions of drivers for x slot on x device are available than a place where programmers (our cooks) have used them in verious software(roms) that they've been releasing to the community.

Anyways, if anyone has any idea what drivers work best with what software, be it Juicy or Cal or even one of the thousands of rom downloaders and users I would appreciate any info IE what rom or drivers you were using at the time.

No need to jump down my throat for asking a simple question about the best software for my phone... I'm not looking for wardriving software or network scanning software etc, I'm looking for the best (wifi) driver software that the chef's/users have seen