View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 09:08 AM
Riley
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [MAY.04.09] MightyROM 4/R3BORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugmenott View Post
flashed from super stable 3.6 to r3born last night. In the morning, got a "loading touchflo" hang. Thought I'll just soft reset. Didn't know that soft reset for this new version means hard reset, so lost all my customizations email setups etc. That would have been fine if it worked, but it stuck again in "loading touchflo" on startup after calibrating screen. Reset again and now it won't go past the first htc screen with red version numbers.
Finally pressed backspace+downvol+power to bootloader and reload the nbh. And yet if I try soft reset, it hangs in same first boot screen everytime.

I just want to go back to my 3.x which worked great for the last 6 months, until this one comes out of beta status. This is a work phone, I can't afford it being unstable and I flash only like twice a year for updates. I didn't see any links to old version archived roms. help?
wow, 3.6 to R3born! now thats a long time my friend anyway, couple things. Regarding links to old roms. First page, 3rd post, done. Regarding beta status, this rom is not really beta, well no more so than other versions. You just need to properly flash the rom. Which means you need to flash the shipped rom of your carrier first before your flash a new custom rom. This fixes 99% of all issues you mentioned including soft resets becoming hard resets. Anyway, hope this helps. Still have a copy of 3.9 myself! LOL. good luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.